Ran across this story on Ain’t It Cool News this morning about how TV Guide is rearranging their “grid” after being purchased by OpenGate (TV Guide has been fighting debt for a while and got picked up for a song I hear)… They dropped MTV (not really a big deal for me, considering I don’t watch any more) and the CW.
Now, I don’t subscribe to TV Guide, but I do pick up an issue now and then if there’s a good cover that grabs my attention. Since they’ve decided to drop a channel that I watch regularly for episodes of Supernatural and Reaper, I think I’ll stop buying individual issues now.
Is anyone else wondering what the heck the TV Guide folks are thinking? ‘Cause I sure as heck am…
Related articles by Zemanta
- TV Guide No Longer Provides Guide for Television
- The TV Guide Brand Is Now Worth $255 Million More Than It Was Two Months Ago
- Macrovision Sells TV Guide Assets To Lions Gate For $255 Million, Scraps Shapiro Deal
- TV Guide Magazine At Last Knows Who It Will Fight for Brand Recognition
- Wanna buy TV Guide for $1?
- TV Guide Purchase Was Basically Free
- OpenGate Capital’s Managing Partner on TV Guide Purchase
- Which TV Guide Did You Say Was Calling Again?