And I have to say I liked it. It’s smart, well written, topical, with great characters and witty dialog. What’s not to like?
The series stars include the following as an intriguing band of talented individuals:
- Timothy Hutton as Nathan Ford (the manager of the outfit)
- Aldis Hodge as Alec Hardison (the techie of the outfit)
- Christian Kane as Eliot Spencer (the brawn for the outfit)
- Beth Riesgraf as Parker (thief extraorinaire)
- and Gina Bellman as Sophie Devereaux (the actress/trickster of the outfit)
The first episode, “The Nigerian Job,” focuses on a desperate aerospace executive asking Ford for help. Ford was an insurance investigator who used to recover millions in stolen goods for his company, but had to leave after they denied his son a possibly life-saving medical treatment. This executive plays on that need for revenge to get Ford and his group of thieves together to do a job for him. When it turns out to be a lie, the team decides to get even.
I hope that the rest of the season continues to be as great as the first episode. A bit predictable, but still fun and smart. Definitely worth watching for the sarcastic remarks alone!
Check it out tonight on TNT (Sunday December 7 at 10/9c)!