I know that Stargate Universe isn’t for everybody, but I have to admit I’ve really been enjoying it this season. Like the first half of the first season, there’s a sense that they’re on the clock and time is running out, which forces people into some very dark places where they have to make tough choices.
The next episode is the mid-season finale called “Resurgence” and it appears to put the Destiny in the middle of a spaceship graveyard of sorts. It’s a theme popular to many scifi shows, but it’s a good one full of story opportunities. And the fact that this one doesn’t seem to be abandoned completely just makes me smile. I always wondered why more space junkyards weren’t populated by small crews stealing materials or repurposing weapons and systems.
Rush, Colonel Young and the team debate chasing a distant energy signature into an area outside of the course mapped out by Destiny. Rush wants to investigate but it’s a day’s journey FTL to get there and Park, Eli, Dale and Brody question the wisdom of pursuing an energy signature so far off course from Destiny’s mission, not to mention the fact that the crew has had less than pleasant experiences with other alien life forms. What’s the source of this energy signature? Does the crew encounter more hostile aliens?
Tune in to the mid-season finale on Tuesday, November 30 at 9:00 PM to find out!
- Stargate Universe Midseason Finale Preview: Resurgence (cinemablend.com)
- Blu-ray Review: SGU: Stargate Universe – The Complete First Season (blogcritics.org)
- Sneak Peek: Stargate Universe – Malice (writer.fitzhome.com)
- ‘Stargate Universe’ Season 2, Episode 9 Recap (tvsquad.com)
- Episode Review: STARGATE UNIVERSE (“The Greater Good”) (mralphafreak.wordpress.com)