Just saw this news on Comingsoon.net today. CBS‘ new show “The Mentalist” got a full season order after becoming the season’s top new freshman series in adult viewers between the ages of 25-34. (Gotta love Nielsen ratings.)
Image via Wikipedia
For those of you who don’t know, Simon Baker stars as Patrick Jane, who is working as a consultant with the California Bureau of Investigation (CBI) along with a team of detectives led by Robin Tunney. Jane has a sharp wit and an amazing knack for solving crimes using his keen observation skills.
This is one of the new shows that proves that someone at CBS likes crime dramas with sarcastic wit. We like Baker’s character, who has shown that he has a vulnerable side (his wife was killed by a serial killer), but also has a way with people (he hypnotized a girl in one episode to come back to the police station and tell the truth). The Mentalist and NCIS both thrive on tightly written scripts and sarcasm, two things which I can appreciate.
Check it out on Thursdays along with CSI, which is still going strong as well.
Hopefully there won’t be any writer’s strikes this season to make us miss these great shows. 🙂
Until next time… Catch some great TV!
Related articles by Zemanta
- “The Mentalist” Gets 14 Million Viewers, Picked Up For Full Season
- The Mentalist 02: Red Hair and Duct Tape
- The Mentalis (1.01) – Pilot
- Media Monkey: The Mentalist: what was Five thinking?
- Arts, Briefly: CBS’s ‘Mentalist’ Leaps Past ‘Dancing’
- CBS Orders Full Season of ‘The Mentalist’
- The Mentalist: a skeptical drama on TV!