Yes, Glee is back with new episodes starting with last night’s “Hello”… And it ended with a taste of the upcoming Madonna-themed episode. Yes, Sue Sylvester (the hilarious and talented Jane Lynch) did a “Vogue” video.
And I have to say I was amused at first. That Lynch would be willing to do such a thing for the sake of comedy is inspiring. And, honestly, it wasn’t a bad rendition of the song (I didn’t ever really like the original, even when it was popular). But the video got a bit long and the amusement changed to a vague sense of just being odd…
My wife loved it and encouraged me to post about it today, so here ’tis. But at the end of a so-so episode (I tend to fast forward through the drama bits to the musical performances), this video may have been a bit much. I did like the duet version of Lionel Ritchie‘s “Alone” – there were some interesting harmonies they used that made it much better than it might have been, as opposed to the relatively uninspired versions of “Hello, I Love You” by the Doors and AC/DC‘s “Highway to Hell“… Maybe it was just me, but the music wasn’t as good in this episode as some of the earlier ones.
That said, I’ll be watching next week (at least the musical bits) as the cast and crew of Glee gets all Madonna-ish. 🙂
What did you think? Curious minds want to know!
Related articles by Zemanta
- Watch: ‘Glee’s Sue Sylvester, ‘Vogue’ (pinkisthenewblog.com)
- Jane Lynch Does Madonna’s ‘Vogue’ (justjared.buzznet.com)
- Jane Lynch Recreates Madonna’s ‘Vogue’ (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Art Blog: Glee Episode Wrap-Up (smudailymustang.com)
- “Glee” Strikes a Pose with “Vogue” Video (mashable.com)
- See The Glee Cast’s Madonna Tribute On The Cover Of TV Guide (cinemablend.com)
- Sue Sylvester Does ‘Vogue’ on ‘Glee’ – A Week Early (tvsquad.com)
- The Cast Of ‘Glee’ Channels Their Inner Madonna (pinkisthenewblog.com)
- video fix: sue sylvester does ‘vogue’ (popbytes.com)
- ‘Glee’ ‘s Sue Sylvester Dons Madonna Cone Bra For ‘Vogue’ (mtv.com)