Everybody at my house is a big fan of American Idol. Though I initially resisted watching the first couple of seasons, by season 3 or 4 I decided to take the plunge and here we are at season 10!
Well, one of our favorites was Chris Medina, who’s touching story caught our attention during the auditions and we rooted for him through Hollywood Week. His fiancee Juliana was in a car accident that caused a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and Chris has stuck by her through thick and thin. It was amazing to see the judges – Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, and Steven Tyler be equally touched by his story at the initial audition when they met Juliana.
Unfortunately, Hollywood Week didn’t work out for Chris. Though he made it to the Top 40, he didn’t make the cut to the top 24 and had to be sent home. But through it all he’s kept a smile on his face and his head high – an inspiration to everyone, including his fiancee.
Be sure to watch American Idol on Fox to see the top 24 perform this week!
- Ousted ‘American Idol’ Contestant Chris Medina Headed to ‘Tonight Show,’ Report Says (foxnews.com)
- “Chris Medina – What Are Words Lyrics and Video” and related posts (musicloversgroup.com)
- Chris Medina Music Video: “What Are Words” (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- WATCH: JLo Weeps After Giving ‘Idol’ Contestant Medina Bad News (huffingtonpost.com)
- ‘Idol’ News Beat: Chris Medina on ‘Tonight Show,’ J.Lo “On the Floor” and Online Voting Confirmed (tvsquad.com)
- Chris Medina: The “American Idol” interview (reuters.com)
- ‘American Idol’ Chris Medina on Getting Kicked Off, J. Lo’s Tears and Fiancee Juliana (tvsquad.com)
- Jennifer Lopez Loses It on ‘American Idol’ (abcnews.go.com)
- Jennifer Lopez Breaks Down on American Idol (pbpulse.com)
- “Chris Medina American Idol: Chris Medina Eliminated, Not in American Idol Top 24 (Video)” and related posts (tv.popcrunch.com)