True innocence seems to be rare on the big screen when it comes to animated features these days. Sure, we’ve had our share of fun films like Shrek and How to Train Your Dragon, but they’ve dealt with monsters and mayhem mostly. It’s rare to see a simple, pure of heart, innocent kid’s film hitting theaters.
So I was shocked and when I heard of a new film from Disney in the traditional 2D tradition… Winnie the Pooh, which will be released in July 2011. The first trailers were just released this week and I have to say I went a bit nostalgic when I watched.
With two girls, Winnie, Eeyore, Tigger, Piglet, Owl, Rabbit, and Christopher Robin have been frequent visitors over the last 10 years. I’ll be happy to see Winnie and the gang back up on the big screen again.
The story looks very cute, centered around finding a new tail for Eeyore. And it appears to have some trippy honey-induced fantasies in it from a particular bear we all know and love. So I for one will be going to see this one in the theater.
Here’s the trailer… What do you think?
- Movie Trailer for WINNIE THE POOH (geektyrant.com)
- Winnie the Pooh The Animated Movie Trailer (screencrave.com)
- ‘Winnie the Pooh’ Trailer Conjures Sweet Nostalgia (screenrant.com)
- First Look: The Big-Screen Return of ‘Winnie the Pooh’ (slashfilm.com)
- First Photos from New Winnie The Pooh Animated Movie (screencrave.com)
- Watch: Official Trailer for Disney’s New ‘Winnie the Pooh’ Movie (firstshowing.net)
- First Look: Two Photos from Disney’s Newest ‘Winnie the Pooh’ (firstshowing.net)
- New Winnie the Pooh Images, Synopsis Posted (rottentomatoes.com)
- ‘Winnie the Pooh’ Trailer Showcases Classic Disney Animation (moviefone.com)
- Movie Trailer: ‘Winnie the Pooh’ (slashfilm.com)