This falls into the “holy shit” category of casting. I’d not heard of The Expendables until this week and now I have to admit I’m looking forward to it. Even if it stinks, it’s going to be fun to see this cast together.
- Sylvester Stallone
- Jason Statham
- Jet Li
- Terry Crews
- Randy Couture
- Dolph Lundgren
- Eric Roberts
- and Steve Austin
Here’s the trailer:
Basically if you’re looking for a movie filled with testosterone, this movie is it. Written and directed by Stallone, I think this film has the potential to kick some serious butt.
Here’s the synopsis:
Expendable: capable of being sacrificed in order to accomplish a military objective.
THE EXPENDABLES is a hard-hitting action/thriller about a group of mercenaries hired to infiltrate a South American country and overthrow its ruthless dictator. Once the mission begins, the men realize things aren’t quite as they appear, finding themselves caught in a dangerous web of deceit and betrayal. With their mission thwarted and an innocent life in danger, the men struggle with an even tougher challenge – one that threatens to destroy this band of brothers.
Barney Ross (Sylvester Stallone) is a man with nothing to lose. Fearless and void of emotion, he is the leader, the sage and the strategist of this tight-knit band of men who live on the fringe. His only attachment is to his pickup truck, his seaplane and his team of loyal modern-day warriors. His is a true cynic who describes what he does as “removing those hard to get at stains.” The team behind him is made up of Lee Christmas (Jason Statham), former SAS and a savant with anything that has a blade; Yin Yang (Jet Li), a master at close-quarter combat; Hale Caesar (Terry Crews), who has known Barney for ten years and is a long-barrel weapons specialist; Toll Road (Randy Couture), a skilled demolitions expert and considered the intellect of the group; and Gunnar Jensen (Dolph Lundgren), a combat veteran and an expert in precision sniping who struggles with his own demons.
When the mysterious Church offers Barney a job no one else would take, Barney and his team embark on what appears to be a routine mission: overthrow General Gaza (David Zayas), the murderous dictator of the small island country of Vilena and end the years of death and destruction inflicted on its people. On a reconnaissance mission to Vilena, Barney and Christmas meet their contact Sandra (Giselle Itie), a local freedom-fighter with a dark secret. They also come to learn who their true enemy is: rogue ex-CIA operative James Monroe (Eric Roberts) and his henchman Paine (Steve Austin). When things go terribly wrong, Barney and Christmas are forced to leave Sandra behind, essentially giving her a death sentence. Haunted by this failure, Barney convinces the team to return to Vilena to rescue the hostage and finish the job he started. And to perhaps save a soul: his own.
Are you interested yet? I know I am… Look for it sometime in August 2010!
Related articles by Zemanta
- The Expendables Trailer: Almost as Badass as You’d Hoped (filmschoolrejects.com)
- The Expendables: A Badass Poster and Complete Plot Details (filmschoolrejects.com)
- Must Watch: Official Trailer for Stallone’s The Expendables! (firstshowing.net)
- ‘The Expendables’ Trailer is Like a Planet Hollywood Reunion With Explosions (cinematical.com)
- The Expendables Movie Trailer: Giving Up the Cameos Right Off the Bat (slashfilm.com)
- Guns & Bad-Asses In New ‘Expendables’ Poster (screenrant.com)
- The Expendables Trailer (screenrant.com)
- The Expendables Trailer – The 80’s Are Back! (screencrave.com)
- The Expendables: Two New Posters, First Trailer Premieres at ShoWest (slashfilm.com)
- Official Trailer for Stallone’s THE EXPENDABLES is Here! (geektyrant.com)