Yes, I like comic book movies. There’s escapism typically built in. But sometimes things just don’t work out.
Jonah Hex stars Josh Brolin as Hex, a scarred bounty hunter with a taste for revenge and a few supernatural tricks up his sleeve. The trailer makes this look more like the horrible Wild, Wild West with Will Smith and Kevin Kline from the late 1990s.
Now, I don’t know if it’s the fact that Megan Fox is playing a prostitute or that Hex somehow got miniguns mounted on his horse, but this looks like a train wreck to me.
Anyone else getting bad vibes?
Here’s some additional information… And for more, check out their website at Jonah-Hex.com.
In theatres on June 18
(Warner Bros. Pictures/Legendary Pictures)
Director: Jimmy Hayward
Writers: Screenplay by Neveldine & Taylor
Story by William Farmer and Neveldine & Taylor
Based upon characters appearing in comic books published by DC Comics.
Producers: Akiva Goldsman, Andrew Lazar
Executive Producers: Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni, William Fay, Matt Le Blanc, John Goldstone, Ravi Mehta
Cast: Josh Brolin, John Malkovich, Megan Fox, Michael Fassbender, Will Arnett, Michael Shannon
Adventure Thriller. Jonah Hex (Josh Brolin) is a scarred drifter and bounty hunter of last resort, a tough and stoic gunslinger who can track down anyone…and anything. Having survived death, Jonah‘s violent history is steeped in myth and legend, and has left him with one foot in the natural world and one on the “other side.” His only human connection is with Lila (Megan Fox), whose life in a brothel has left her with scars of her own. Jonah‘s past is about to catch up with him when the U.S. military makes him an offer he can‘t refuse: in exchange for his freedom from the warrants on his head, he must track down and stop the dangerous terrorist Quentin Turnbull (John Malkovich). But Turnbull, who is gathering an army and preparing to unleash Hell, is also Jonah‘s oldest enemy and will stop at nothing until Jonah is dead. Based on the legendary character from the graphic novels, “Jonah Hex” is an epic adventure thriller about one man‘s personal quest for redemption against the vast canvas of the battle between good and evil.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Ten Seconds of Jonah Hex Footage is Better Late Than Never (filmschoolrejects.com)
- New Official Poster for Jonah Hex & Trailer Hits on Thursday (firstshowing.net)
- First Footage From Jonah Hex Shows Scars, Gatling Guns and Explosions (slashfilm.com)
- New Jonah Hex Footage Proves Film Still Exists (screencrave.com)
- Exciting Sneak Peek of the JONAH HEX Trailer (geektyrant.com)
- Jonah Hex Trailer & Release Date Confirmed (screenrant.com)
- New Jonah Hex Poster (slashfilm.com)
- Eight Seconds Of Jonah Hex Footage Prove The Movie Exists (cinemablend.com)
- New Jonah Hex Poster (screencrave.com)
- New JONAH HEX One-Sheet With Brolin And A Fox (geektyrant.com)
- ‘Jonah Hex’ Trailer Hits The ‘Net! (splashpage.mtv.com)
- Watch This: Official Trailer for Jonah Hex is Finally Unveiled! (firstshowing.net)
- Jonah Hex Trailer: What’s It Like To Go Through Life With a Face Like That? (slashfilm.com)
- Finally The New JONAH HEX Trailer Fires All Rounds (geektyrant.com)
- Official Jonah Hex Trailer Has Arrived! (screencrave.com)