Ok… I’ve seen enough weird news this week to warrant a few comments about some of the things going on in the movie business…
First, La Femme Nikita is back? Again? Let’s hope it’s more like Luc Besson‘s original starring Anne Parillaud or the series on USA starring Peta Wilson. Evidently McG’s involved and in this version (reportedly to air on The CW), Nikita will go rogue and a new assassin will be trained to replace her. Isn’t it odd that they’d call the series La Femme Nikita if she’s not the lead character? Read more at ComingSoon.net.
Next, it’s good to know that Guy Ritchie isn’t afraid to continue the good thing he started with Sherlock Holmes and Robert Downey, Jr. According to multiple sources (ComingSoon.net, FirstShowing.net and The Examiner) his Lobo (DC Comics) movie has been shelved for now and they’re ramping up to work on a script and pre-production for the Holmes sequel. Brad Pitt is rumored to be Moriarty, which should be quite interesting. Pitt as an evil, brilliant villain? Hmmm… (Update: Evidently this rumor has been squashed about Brad as Moriarty, so we’ll see who actually gets to play that role…)
And Michael Bay, king of explosions, is apparently scouting for locations for Transformers 3. The last one wasn’t bad enough? I’m hoping they return to the simpler plot of the first movie, which had me cheering by the end as a popcorn movie. Guess we’ll find out in July 2011. A bit more at ComingSoon.net…
Lastly, in the “Please no, say it ain’t so” category, we have rumors of Sam Worthington (Avatar, Terminator: Salvation) going for the role of Dracula in a new movie about the first vampire. (At least he’s not a teenager…) For me, the last good Dracula was Gary Oldman… and before that Bela Lugosi. Worthington would need to age about 30 years before I’d even consider him for a role like that… Latino Review, MTV, ScreenRant… Everyone’s talking about it and saying the same thing – say it ain’t so!!
That’s it for now… More the next time I have a chance to pull my head out of the sand…
p.s. Pick up a few of these great DVDs!
Related articles by Zemanta
- Sherlock Holmes Sequel Shoots This Summer (screencrave.com)
- EXCLUSIVE: Guy Ritchie Confirms Moriarty For ‘Sherlock Holmes,’ Says Nothing About Brad Pitt (moviesblog.mtv.com)
- Is Sam Worthington the Next Dracula? (cinematical.com)
- Brad Pitt DOES NOT Join ‘Sherlock Holmes’ As Moriarty (moviesblog.mtv.com)
- Check That: Brad Pitt Not Joining The Cast Of ‘Sherlock Holmes’ (geeksofdoom.com)
- [Updated] Check That: Brad Pitt Not Joining The Cast Of ‘Sherlock Holmes’ (geeksofdoom.com)
- Guy Ritchie Ditches ‘Lobo’ For Sherlock Holmes 2 (screenrant.com)
- Guy Ritchie Drops Lobo For Sherlock Holmes 2 (screencrave.com)
- Sam Worthington to Play Dracula? (screenrant.com)
- Guy Ritchie no Longer Directing LOBO (geektyrant.com)