Though I didn’t see Black Swan in theaters, it certainly garnered quite a bit of attention. (Not least of all through the sex scene between Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman.) Director Darren Aronofsky presents an odd film about a ballerina giving into her dark side to play the Black Swan in Swan Lake… and that by exploring the dark side, she begins to transform into a swan (or have a psychotic break and just thinks she does).
The movie really didn’t appeal to me as a whole, so I don’t know that I’ll even see it as a rental down the line. But I did see this interesting piece from Fox Searchlight about the special effects used behind the scenes of the film, and it is very cool. It’s always amazing to me to see how SFX are used to enhance things without going too far over the top. The shot of Portman looking at herself in the mirror, but seeing a different reflection of herself was just creepy!
Did anybody see this film? What did you think about it? Was it worth seeing?
- First Look: DVD And Blu-ray Cover Art For BLACK SWAN (geektyrant.com)
- ‘Black Swan’ Writer To Pen ‘Age of Rage’ For ‘Spider-Man’ Director (screenrant.com)
- Black Swan Music Video Features Awesome Beats (screencrave.com)
- The Sound of Black Swan (slashfilm.com)
- International ‘Black Swan’ Posters (slashfilm.com)