I noticed this week that different studios are handling their DVD distribution very differently as we approach the holidays.
Image via Wikipedia
- Iron Man was just released on DVD on September 30, 2008, just 6 months after it was in the theater (May 2, 2008)
- Wall-E will be available on DVD on November 18, 2008, just 5 months after it was in the theater (June 27, 2008)
- Prince Caspian will be out on DVD on December 2, 2008, about 7 months after it was released (May 16, 2008)
- Clone Wars hit theaters in August 2008, but will be on DVD on November 11, 2008, barely 3 months after it was released
- And then you have Horton Hears a Who, which hit theaters back in March 2008, not coming to DVD until December 9, 2008… 9 months later
What’s the deal? I understand it’s a big game, especially with the big build up to the holidays, but isn’t it strange that we’re seeing such a wide difference? 3 months to 9 months is quite a wide margin!
Or is this just me being weird? 🙂