On April 8th, a new documentary hit IMAX theaters in 3D… Born to be Wild 3D shows some amazing people helping orphaned orangutans and elephants return to the wild. The compassion, skill, and dedication needed for such an undertaking is huge.
They’ve released a new featurette:
“Born to be Wild 3D” is an inspired story of love, dedication and the remarkable bond between humans and animals. This film documents orphaned orangutans and elephants and the extraordinary people who rescue and raise them-saving endangered species one life at a time. Stunningly captured in IMAX 3D, “Born to be Wild 3D” is a heartwarming adventure transporting moviegoers into
the lush rainforests of Borneo with world-renowned primatologist Dr. Birute Galdikas, and across the rugged Kenyan savannah with celebrated elephant authority Dame Daphne Sheldrick, as they and their teams rescue, rehabilitate and return these incredible animals back to the wild.
Director David Lickley and writer/producer Drew Fellman have done some great work. I look forward to seeing it on the giant screen!
Don’t miss it when Born to be Wild comes to your IMAX theater!
- ‘Born to be Wild 3D’ a standout tale of animal rescue (ctv.ca)
- Born to Be Wild 3D: Imax film offers inspiring scenes of baby elephants and orangutans (theglobeandmail.com)
- ‘Born to be Wild 3D’: cute, playful and full of critters (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Born to be Wild 3D: Movie Review (screencrave.com)
- Review: ‘Born to Be Wild 3D’ Is a Vast, Sweeping Visual Experience (filmschoolrejects.com)
- ‘Born To Be Wild’ Advanced Screening Passes To IMAX! (kymx.radio.com)
- Director David Lickley Exclusive Interview BORN TO BE WILD 3D (collider.com)
- ‘Born to Be Wild 3D’ review: As nature intended (sfgate.com)
- Movie Review | ‘Born to Be Wild 3D’: A Nature Film in Another Dimension (movies.nytimes.com)
- Born to Be Wild 3D (boston.com)