First of all, I just have to say that this movie wasn’t as bad as I was led to believe. Sure it’s over the top in places and a bunch of baloney as far as historical facts go… But it wasn’t THAT bad… Come on!
Roland Emmerich delivers a frivolous romp through Hollywood history for 2 hours. That’s all this is. We get cool effects. Some characters you sort of care about. And a satisfying ending. What more could you want?
Will I be rushing out to buy this on DVD any time soon? Nope. Did I enjoy it? Yup.
Here‘s the IMDB link.
This movie starred Steven Strait and Camilla Belle did fine in their roles. Not a lot of work on their part was actually required (though Strait as D’leh did have to do a lot of running in places I think). Belle as Evolet did fine as the feisty heroine.
What really was the star of this film was the sabertooth tiger. He was cool. And the mammoths weren’t bad either. You can forgive the Eric von Danniken Chariots of the Gods and Atlantis references and just take it as it is. 🙂
If you take it for what it is — light entertainment — it meets that expectation just fine. I give it 2.5/4.
Until next time… go see a movie!
Related articles by Zemanta
- More TV Spots for ‘10,000 B.C.’
- The New Poster for ‘10,000 B.C.’
- Movie Review | ‘10,000 BC’: Human Civilization: The Prequel
- Movie Review for 10,000 B.C. (2008)
- Film reviews: 10,000 BC, Mister Lonely and Water Lilies
- Film reviews: 10,000 BC and Redacted
- 10,000 B.C. Premiere Photos – Various Cities
- [Movie Review] 10,000 BC