I don’t usually gush like this, but I have to say that when I read “The Horrid Glory of Its Wings” on the Tor.com site I knew I had to blog about it.
You can read it here at Tor’s site: “The Horrid Glory of Its Wings” by Elizabeth Bear
Not only is it touching, but it’s poignant in its approach to some of the children growing up with AIDS from birth. Mix that with an urban take on an old mythological creature and you get the gist of this story. Just know that the story is soooo much better than my summary of it. 🙂
Check it out!
Related articles by Zemanta
- Tor.com Publishes Its First Book (mediabistro.com)
- Book Giveaway: J.C. Hutchins’ 7th Son: Descent (tor.com)
- Book Giveaway: Megan Crewe’s Give Up the Ghost (tor.com)
- J.C. Hutchins’ 7th Son: Descent Available for download (tor.com)
- 7th Son: Descent – Episode 8 PDF (jchutchins.net)
- Announcing Year’s Best Fantasy 9 (tor.com)
- Steampunk Month Wallpaper Giveaway: Eric Freitas (tor.com)