Image via WikipediaHi all…
Now that I’ve gushed over the Iron Man movie, I want to talk a little about the trailers that I saw before the movie. And there were a lot of them… 7 or 8 I think. Don’t remember them all, but here are the ones I do remember…
1) Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. This trailer more than any of the others I’ve seen really signified that Indy is back. His swagger. His one-liners. His death-defying escapes. It’s all here. I really hope that Lucas and Spielberg don’t ruin the series here. I just want it to be fun and good. Doesn’t have to be perfect.
2) The Incredible Hulk. Ok… I’m not looking forward to this movie. I’ve read all about Edward Norton and his tiff with the studios. I’ve seen the trailers. And this was truly the first trailer that even made me consider going to see this movie (well that and the rumor of a Tony Stark cameo). Want to know why? The musical theme at the end of the trailer was from the Bill Bixby series of the 1970s or 80s. I have fond memories of watching that series with my parents. So maybe, just maybe, I’ll set aside a couple of hours for this one.
3) The Dark Knight. This one I’m itching to see. I think Heath Ledger‘s performance as the Joker is going to knock me on my arse. I hope that the rest of the movie knocks me on my arse also. But this was the first trailer I’d seen where we got a good look at Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent. So we’ll see if Nolan and company have it in them to produce another Batman movie that kicks some serious rump.
4) The Happening. This is M. Night’s latest scarefest to come to the theater. It looks in tone to actually work, but I didn’t like this trailer. Maybe they revealed too much. I’d rather be wondering what the heck is going on and I think this one may have given too much away. But we’ll see. I like M. Night’s work, so we’ll see.
5) Love Guru. I have to admit that I like Mike Myers. This one might be worth watching. But we’ll see. It’s been a long time since the last Austin Powers movie. Has he knocked all the dust off?
And I think there were one or two others, but I don’t remember for sure. These were the ones that actually left a mark on my brain. (Which was tough considering how much I wanted to see Iron Man!)
What did you guys think?
I’m looking forward to Indy IV, Hellboy 2, and the Dark Knight. If all of those deliver, I’ll be happy. Hancock looks hilarious on Will Smith weekend (he rules July 4). And then there’s Wall*E and Kung Fu Panda. (Have to get some kid movies in there too.) It’s another jam-packed summer of movies folks. Will they deliver the goods? Let’s hope!